Monday, June 21, 2010

BonHoeffer

For the third time in two weeks I have read this quote:

When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die. -BonHoeffer


He has called me, He has bid me to come and die... I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (Gal 2:20)... continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose (Phil 2:12b-13)... "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world," (John 16:33)... For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake (Phil 1:29)... My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience (James 1:2,3)... I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God (Romans 12:1,2).

No comments:

Post a Comment