Monday, August 16, 2010

Multitude Monday

confessions of my Father's daughter

There was a time in my life when I would secretly wait for the other shoe to drop. (now you know).
I had always been a 'glass-half-full' kind of girl so this seemed out of place for me. I asked my Father God what this was about and how was I to deal with it. I was perplexed. I didn't hear Him. It nagged.
I sought counsel as I confessed to my dearest earthly ally. She spoke the truth in love, she prayed for and with me.

I laid it at His feet.
                    I laid it at His feet.
                                 I laid it at His feet       and      it was no more.

                                                                           until three years later...
the secret waiting of the proverbial shoe dropping returned.
Again, at His feet. Waiting, wondering.

Talking with an eternal Sister, women sharing their lives- and there it was. It seemed so simple, kind of.
We seemed to think (we being me, myself, and I) that He was most glorified when in His mercy I received His strength to trust and glorify Him in the midst of what I thought of as greater challenges.
I could not deny it. I had decided that it was more important to trust Him in the middle of chaos and crisis than to trust Him in the daily... as I lived the daily I waited for something bigger, something to really bring Him glory.    Ouch.

It took time, renewing of the mind often does.

Today there is no waiting for shoes to fall. 
Yes, sometimes I see the mud and mire in the distance; immediately I run to my Father and again he sets my feet on a rock.
He is glorified when in His mercy I find His strength to trust, enjoy, thank, and praise Him in the midst of every single second of now. It does not matter if I perceive the now as crisis, chaos, or calmness; trust in every second, all to His glory.
He gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.

I trust in your unfailing love;
  my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
    for he has been good to me.
                                ~ Psalm 13

Giving thanks  246-288

last weekend's trip to Georgia and it's treasures
blonde and red headed cousins and their babies (sadly no picture)
a visit to Centennial Olympic Park









tasting Coca-Cola from around the world
visiting American Girl





a meal at Marietta Diner (thanks for the recommendation Guy Fieri :)












anticipation of things to come
patience while trusting for His timing

my friend gifting me with her limited internet minutes
a friend lending her waterproof camera
a friend delivering a thank you gift of cookies, jam, and cider
a friend sharing the news that the Lord has said 'this year everyone will homeschool'
my husband friend holding my hand in the car
an eternal friend praying for me

our girl's first piano lesson after summer break
the compliments of her instructor for time well spent at the piano over break

the new edition of a furry family member for our dearest in Lake Oswego

imagining shapes in white billowy clouds with my family


a mid-week-mini-vaca at the beach









searching for His treasures




















treasures found, large and small















pelicans flying by, the cry of sea gulls, sand pipers in the surf


water adventures


sand dunes, flowers, and sea oats


feet in the sand


the foot wash :)

the blessing of a 'double upgrade' at no extra cost

reminding my children to stand in awe of The Creator as we revel in His creation


arriving safely home
our washer :]

the last days of vacation, days of stay-cation
the daddy taking our boy to Saturday morning football practice

Sunday morning worship with others who follow The Way
the twang of the banjo and the southern drawl in songs sung

a Sunday afternoon bar-b-q
Mississippi Mud Cake for dessert

a rainbow maker
our children chasing it's rainbows around the room




you, the Gratitude Community

 

holy experience

10 comments:

  1. stopping by from the gratitude community. love the list and the pictures! we love vacations and time spent with family! sounds like you had a great time! thanks for sharing.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't see any shooting stars! We tried, and not sure what we did wrong. That's actually why we went to the lake to start with.

    Love your photos! They took me there. We've been on those very stones at Centennial Park, and World of Coca Cola. We went for a wedding, and we did some sightseeing while there. Did you get to go to the big aquarium? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you missed them, but glad you enjoyed your time together :)

    We missed the aquarium, on purpose. This was a girlie-girl weekend (Mommy, Dear Daughter, & Grandma). We plan to go one day on a 'family' trip, with our boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, another wonderful glimpse into a life well lived and one that is so dear to me.

    So glad our sweet boy and girl are flourishing as they are! So glad their mama is learning to rest in the arms of Grace.

    Much love,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment. I love your list and the pictures. So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It does not matter if I perceive the now as crisis, chaos, or calmness; trust in every second, all to His glory."

    This was good to chew on.

    JD
    www.fingerprintsfromhishand.webs.com
    www.sweettea-n-ice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So loved tasting coca cola around the world, but never knew you could do it in place.

    As always a joy to splash around in thankfulness. Your blog, simply delightful.

    Splashin' in His goodness,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with JD..."It does not matter if I perceive the now as crisis, chaos, or calmness; trust in every second, all to His glory."
    definitely something on which to reflect. Thank you for lovely pictures and a beautiful gratitude list! Great beach pictures...what beach is that?
    Looks like you had some great family time. Thanks for stopping by my place.

    Peace & Blessings...
    Mary
    http://memyselfandmercy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clearwater Beach, FL :)

    It was off season (so to speak) so there were no big crowds :}

    ReplyDelete