Monday, November 29, 2010

Multitude Monday

“Praise be to you, LORD, the God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting... for everything in heaven and earth is yours... you are exalted as head over all... you are the ruler of all things... Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. ~ I Chronicles 29: 10-14


the counting of the gifts #560-637

that math is also art (girl love)










that all the house is his studio











this bookmark from my great grandma

lego originals from the fingertips of boy love
girl love working to perfect the doggie


the opportunity to participate in building an 8ft dragon :)
that his GG (great grandmother) and his sister joined in



a tea party enjoyed




the potential of sidewalk chalk realized




that boy love was invited for his first trail ride


that he flashed a sheepish grin and got back on after
forgetting to guide, instead leaning to avoid tree branch

this cocoon and the waiting and wondering that follows

that they invited others to join in the giving
that others said, "yes"

that they were able to serve hands on (again :) 

that these two took time from those jam packed schedules to
invest in the lives of our boy love & girl love


that my children have opportunity to see (real life) what it looks like to love Jesus, to honor your father and mother, all while being a youth in 2010

the smiles of many taking time to drop by, say hello, and hug happy
memories from years shared
memories made this year during these days
and big news of wee ones

whispered prayers

an eternal friend that shares life with me as though we just talked yesterday,
even though it's been months

a pastor and friend who will give a minute to talk through Truth

that my parents live near,
welcoming us with open arms
the anticipation of finding the pillow gift Grandma left for them
the wood burning stove and its warmth
bonfires, my children mesmerized with the flames and grateful for the s'mores

telephones and
hubby's voice while we are away

ceilings from days gone by














baby showers and
glowing mommies to be










Thanksgiving
their excitement in menu planning

that girl love prays these words:
thank You, God - that we now turn to giving, to what we can give and do for others.
(yes, her wish list is made...)

that as Ann's wisdom permeates we find freedom and joy and
it is ok to take baby steps, as she often says:
all's Grace

the flicker of the candle burning low,
the flicker of the candle burning bright
verses of peace whispered low

the Macy's Day Parade on the tele while a meal is in the making

that our young loves realize we are to be thankful always
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thes 5
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm 100

my boys (hubby and seven-year-old boy love) talking football

Christmas tree scented candles (balsam & cedar is my favorite!)

a surprise visit with friends
hugs all around
meeting the precious baby girl that has forever changed their lives
holding her in my arms (whispered prayers)
five children playing, their noises & laughter :)

Advent generosity

and last but not least...

these growing feet








holy experience

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this list. It gives me glimpses into your every day life and I love it!! Thank you! I love how you're teaching your girl and boy love! I love the family memories remembered and made. Your home not only smells of the fragrant candles, but of Jesus too! Love the sidewalk chalk art too! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those children are getting a little bit too big. The pictures are a gift. I can't thank you enough for posting them. It's been too long since I talked to you (always feels that way), and your list makes me feel better connected. I am sooooooo grateful for your blog, for the peek into your heart and life it gives me during the many months I cannot see you in person. It soothes the sting for sure. And it does my heart a lot of good to know you are so very well. :)

    I love you!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who can make dreaded math--I dread it--into something artistic is pretty darn cool. I loved all the photos in your list. May you have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete