Friday, December 31, 2010

2011

Happy New Year :)

Ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers! I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. (That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come). ~ Ephesians 1 prayed for you in Jesus' name.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

over the past few months i have been praying about a name for this new year (one more blessing from Ann).

i stopped by Ann's & she's named this year, her 2011, The Year of Here.
it's so good that i want to name my year that very same thing.
i stopped by Kara's; she's named this year, The Year of Practice.
and it too is spot on... seems like a perfect name for my year...
but she is daughter of the Most High King, Ann. and she is daughter of the Most High King, Kara. and i am daughter of the Most High King, Tobitha :) and in my seeking i keep coming back to faithful and relevant. and so i name this year, for me, Faithfully Relevant.

He is Faithful. and i long to be like my Father God. Abba. Faithful.

I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. Deut 32:3,4
Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Psalm 36:5
God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. I Corinthians 1:9
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5: 23,24
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. Revelation 19:11

and yes, it is Him alone who is Relevant.

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:14
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Revelation 22:13

For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. He gathers the waters of the sea into jars; he puts the deep into storehouses. Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm. Psalm 33: 4-9

my desire is to be like Him, my Lord of lords

and The Word speaks to me:
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ... So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory... 2 Peter 1
 
i am remembered of these things and in Ann's whisper: i can hear the Barn Babe, “Apart from me, you can do nothing…”


may i live in the knowing every moment.
He is Faithful  and  Relevant is in Him alone.
by His grace may i be faithful and relevant to His glory and to the blessing of others,
The Year of Faithful and Relevant.
so be it, truly (amen).


p.s. how are you and God enjoying one another this New Year Eve's day?

2 comments:

  1. "may i live in the knowing every moment.
    He is Faithful and Relevant is in Him alone.
    by His grace may i be faithful and relevant to His glory and to the blessing of others,
    The Year of Faithful and Relevant.
    so be it, truly (amen)."

    and amen.

    Faithfully Relevant. It's a beautiful word description of what He is doing in your heart. I love your wisdom. And what fun this is, naming the new year! What a happy way to keep each other accountable!

    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faithfully Relevant is radiant on you! Love it! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete