Monday, January 24, 2011

Multitude Monday

the gifts 721-750

thinking on this:
God cares more about who we're becoming than where were going... don't ever abandon your God given values over your God given dreams.... God is willing to strip you of anything that keeps you from Him... we gotta get to the place where we say, "I trust You... God, it is all Yours."
Pete speaking of us and Abraham in Genesis 12

different women
leading different lives
at different stages
all from differing religious backgrounds
adding depth and interest as
we meet and work together through the study of Simplicity
seeking the One True God,
the only common ground we need, as He is all that matters

a Thursday playdate that ran into
an impromptu dinner that ran into
the parent meeting
that ran into opportunities to choose thankfulness and
the choices made and
the fun time shared with friends

the Sacred echo to 'faithfully relevant' in this quote:
"God is so great that all things give Him glory – if you mean that they should.”
~Ignatius Loyola

Alexander Graham Bell's invention that led to
phone calls from the East to the West
and
that next week we won't need a phone!!!!

looking over the basketball schedules and
choosing joy again (practice times/days)
choosing gratitude again (travelling for wonderful reasons)
knowing it will be fabulous!

how He has matured me in this-
i used to think that the music part of Sunday mornings was for me
that it was for me to sing along & worship Him
now i know that the music part of Sunday morning is the same as every second of every day
to worship Him
and
it has nothing to do with what style of music i prefer on any given day :)
and
how He has blessed me to go beyond the simple maturation to
gratitude and enjoyment as
He has placed us in a 'church' where the style of music is
"like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"
i am ever so thankful!!
and
how every once in a great while He blesses me with a
Sunday full of songs i would've chosen to sing in worship to Him :}
and, speaking of
these lyrics, sung together, to a different
tune and a ukulele as the primary instrument (wonderful!):
  There in the ground His body lay
  Light of the world by darkness slain:
  Then bursting forth in glorious Day
  Up from the grave he rose again!
  And as He stands in victory
  Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
  For I am His and He is mine -
  Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

  No guilt in life, no fear in death,
  This is the power of Christ in me;
  From life's first cry to final breath.
  Jesus commands my destiny.
  No power of hell, no scheme of man,
  Can ever pluck me from His hand;
  Till He returns or calls me home,
  Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.


and then there is this (with the pictures i spoke of last Monday :)

girl love's decision - a bunny it is















his condo



















picking up Patch from the breeder


the black on only his left eye (Patch :)
















forever counting, forever grateful
joining with Ann and the many other Greatful Friends of Multitude Monday

holy experience

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when my eldest girl was your daughter's age. Her first love-a bunny named Mr. Biscuit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoicing with you in this list. So many things:
    Patch is adorable! So fun for girl love!
    the Simplicity study
    the go-with the flow play date - must have been faithfully relevant!
    the worship in every moment singing or not - that's the picture of living sacrifice - I'm all His and giving thanks!
    Cornerstone is one of my faves! Would love to hear it on the ukelele! Have only heard Travis Cottrell and can't help but to be led to the feet of Jesus every time!

    Love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grateful along with you my friend for your fellowship and study!!! Patch is adorable and I can't wait to hold him. :)

    Of course, I am not sure what I loved more, the pic of patch, or the smile on girl-love's face. I think the latter!

    Love you!
    K

    ReplyDelete