Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Not what I had hoped for

I asked Him for permission. Gently, quietly He said, "No."
I felt sad. Disappointed. I chose to trust and obey.
I choose to trust and obey.

Acceptance. Surrender.
Humbled.
Praise. Prayer.

I heard Him call. "Yes, Lord."
Humbled, thankful.
Obedience.
Phone calls made, messages left.
Nothing.
Phoned again the machine was full.
Phoned again... Nothing.

Hmmm. Did I hear You correctly?
"Yes."

Phoned again. Got them!
Oh.
"No, not here. BUT we do need you there."
Sigh. It's not what I envisioned, not what I wanted.
Trust and obey.

Drove farther than hoped for. Served.
Saw things that caused the flesh to rise up.
Honor Him; spirit, not flesh!
Bring every thought into captivity.
Serve. As unto the Lord.
Abba Father, I want to honor You.
Daddy God, I want glorify Your Name in all the earth.
I want to glorify Your Name here. Now.
An audience of One.

Expectations at His feet.
Him alone.
Trust and obey.

We will go again. With a thankful heart.
It does not look like I planned. I do not feel as I wished.
I am led by His Spirit; not my feelings.
It is what He has orchestrated it to be.
He is God. I am not. Obviously. Thankfully.

Father, thank you that Your mercies are new every morning.
Thank you, that you love me. Thank you for joy unspeakable.

3 comments:

  1. Well said, my sister. Trust and obey, while the hymn says there is no other way, it is one of the hardest things to simply do. Sounds so simple to trust and obey the creator of the universe, but it's not. Thank you for being real!
    Be bold! Be brave! Be you!
    km

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often is it that what He calls us to does not end up looking like what we imagined.
    I am glad you called. Again.
    I look forward to hearing the story.

    I love you.
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, ladies :)

    Thank you for investing in my life, in me. You are a treasure, blessings beyond measure!

    mlmp,
    -t-

    ReplyDelete