Monday, May 9, 2011

Multitude of gratitude

forever thankful, forever counting His gifts #1018-1034

i am thankful for this breath, and the next, and the one after that

i am thankful for the cliche' that reminds us today is called the present as it is a gift

i am thankful for ten minute cat naps

i am grateful for His confirmation to my seeking heart
as Beth said, "love with insight... the world says 'love is blind' but God calls us to love with insight"
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. Phil 1:9-11

i praise Him for the fragrant offering of her sacrifice
He asked her to lay her feelings, time, energy, resources... her heart on His altar; He asked her to love not because one is deserving but because He loves. she answered, she let His love flow through her to one who does not love.  her sacrifice is beautiful
Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Eph 5:1-2
i am thankful for the knock at the door, and the smiling neighbor who delivered a fragrant rose for our pleasure

i'm thankful for my I do, who laughed at my spontaneous crazy (good-bye shower curtain :)


i am thankful for His richly blessing their va-ca

i am thankful for His Sacred echo, again and again - - yes, i have said it before: all of life is a Sacred echo

and Isaac echoed Beth: forgive, pray, bless. sometimes we are restored, sometimes we aren't, and sometimes there's no wisdom in restoration.
and then he echoed Mary Beth: we don't muster up the courage/strength, we trust Him ((for perspective))

i am thankful for perspective

i am thankful for how He connects the dots. and for my realizing that every experience, word, and moment is in fact one of the dots
while i cannot see the big picture, i know He is connecting the dots - trust.
trust.

i am thankful for our beautiful loves, girl love and boy love

i am thankful.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Ann's site today. I enjoyed your list, especially the comment from Beth to love with insight! So true! And speaking of Sacred Echoes, have you read Margaret Feinberg's book titled The Sacred Echo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is beautiful. I also liked the thought that God calls us to love with insight. Even though we do not see the big picture now, we can fully trust him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sacred echo... as we discussed ... loving with insight, boundaries.... a healthy, productive love. Such a lesson for me to learn!

    Thank you for sharing these blessings with us!

    I, too, am so thankful for the very breath I am taking right now that allows me to read your words, my brain to process and my fingers to type out my response. That breath is miracle!

    I love you!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so difficult to find anything NOT to be grateful for. Even the moments we might not have requested have value in one way or another. Beautiful list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. t - simply beautiful list! Love the sacred echoes and the love that overflows! As we talked and as I read, I am refreshed about loving with insight! Keep laughing, loving and counting!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely list. I'm thankful how he connects to dots in my like also, even if I don't see the full picture. Thanks you for sharing.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete