Monday, July 11, 2011

Thanksgiving

i am forever grateful, forever counting His gifts (from my 1200's)....

i am thankful that He continues to lead me in His truth (last week He remembered me to waiting on Him - it is not passive):

"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:5
"It is a happy thing when we can address the Lord with the confidence which David here manifests, it gives us great power in prayer, and comfort in trial. "On thee do I wait all the day." Patience is the fair handmaid and daughter of faith; we cheerfully wait when we are certain that we shall not wait in vain. It is our duty and our privilege to wait upon the Lord in service, in worship, in expectancy, in trust all the days of our life. Our faith will be tried faith, and if it be of the true kind, it will bear continued trial without yielding. We shall not grow weary of waiting upon God if we remember how long and how graciously he once waited for us." ~ Charles Spurgeon's Evening, July 8

i am thankful for a bird in the birdbath
and discovering new butterflies in the yard
for the opportunity and strength to mow the lawn
and the smell of freshly mown grass

i am thankful to pray for those He loves
the honor of standing with them
the joy of hoping in Him
peace in trusting Him
faith in the waiting

that Ann's post said this:
God, the Only one who didn’t have to, He stopped and rested to show us who need to – how to.

and the current sermon series is this:
Sabbath: The Rest of God
“…and on the seventh day He rested from all His work.”

i am thankful that He loves me
oh, how He loves me

No comments:

Post a Comment