Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Peace

Ann has said that Peace is a Person. i know it to be true.

i'm reading my Bible through in a year; i'm in II Kings.
and i'm riding down interstate 75, right through the peach state when i look over to my I do and ask,
"is it ever difficult for you to reconcile God in the Old Testament with God in the New Testament?"

he's quiet. he feels the weight of my question."no, it isn't."
silence.
he sees the knitting of my brow, hears the question without a word. and he says it quiet and sure, "because of Jesus."

and i smile. yes. Jesus. Jesus!
and once again i know Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Love that interchange. Thanks for sharing. And it reminds me of one of things I so love about your "I do".... while he doesn't use a lot of words, he nails it with the words he does use.
    And I want to be more like that. :)

    Much love,
    K

    ReplyDelete